My name is Mandi, and I’m addicted to scrapbooking! (“Hi, Mandi…”)
I don’t always get to scrapbook as much as I’d like to, but I try to make time for it whenever I can. I’m lucky enough to be able to teach scrapbooking at the art center where I work! I love sharing my passion with others and seeing the new ideas that people come have.
I decided that I wanted to do something a little different with my about page instead of the usual “I love spending time with my husband, baby girl, and our kitties…” blah blah blah. So I found something more interesting to post about myself-
25 Random Facts about Me:
1. Someone once told me that it’s better to regret something you’ve done than to regret not doing something… one huge part of my life reflects that I believe that.
2. I still can’t watch reruns of Unsolved Mysteries if I’m alone… that music makes me feel creeped out!
3. I am terrified of flying… and even more terrified that I’m going to let it hold me back from seeing the world.
4. I was a MAJOR band geek in high school (and even college a bit). I was in every musical group I could get into- concert band, marching band, wind ensemble, county band, District Band, Regional Band, and even Indoor Percussion (played cymbals)!
5. I love dinosaurs!! Such a weird thing, but I just think they are fascinating! I love the Smithsonian Natural History Museum because of the dino-bones, I enjoy learning things about them, and Jurassic Park is one of my favorite movies!
6. Thanks to my brother Jason, I once got to go into the tunnels under the Magic Kingdom in Disney… so cool!
7. Thanks to my brother Jimmy, I participated in some Civil War reenactments- hoop skirts are so much fun except when it comes to using a port-a-potty! (now THAT requires some skill)
8. I didn’t get my driver’s license until I was 22.
9. I love playing games- board games, World of Warcraft, Wii games… just about anything!
10. I really wouldn’t do much for a Klondike bar, but I would consider doing ridiculous things for some good scallops!
11. When I was 10, I broke both of my arms and had stitches above my right eye… and this was all at the same time, from the same fall out of a tree.
12. In 7-8th grades, I was picked on mercilessly- told I was so ugly I should just kill myself… I still am haunted by and have low self esteem because of this.
13. I have an obsession with sunflowers. They decorate my kitchen and also make appearances elsewhere in the house.
14. I would love to do illustrating work… after all, that’s what my focus was in college. I just need to get myself motivated.
15. I’m really shy and quiet in large groups of people or around people I don’t know that well.
16. I have a hard core addiction to scrapbooking… and I’m always looking for my next fix.
17. I have a hard time knowing what to tell people when they ask how my husband and I met… I’m afraid most people just won’t understand that we’re soul mates who met under the most unlikely circumstances.
18. I swam with dolphins in the Bahamas… amazing experience.
19. I get teary eyed every time I hear that “Baby Mine” song from Dumbo- God I’m a sap!!
20. I don’t make a lot of money at all, but I LOVE my job and my boss! I get to be creative and involved with many artistic people- plus I get to teach scrapbooking and card making! It’s the best!
21. As an art major, I saw way too many naked people. Though they were called “models”, they were far from it.
22. My parents’ marriage is an absolute inspiration to me- they helped me believe there is such a thing as true love.
23. I worked as a daycare teacher for 4 years but it felt like 10! I have a million stories concerning bodily fluids.
24. I like to flip my pizza upside down to squeeze the sauce out of it… my husband finds this humorous.
25. In my first marriage (which was just… all wrong), I despised the idea of having children. After finding and marrying Dave, I can’t imagine us without children- and I really can’t imagine life without Miss Victoria and her beautiful face!
I’m hoping through this blog that I can share my passion for my hobby, maybe a few ideas too, and express my thoughts on anything that has to do with life, love and scrapbooking!
Oh yeah, and I’m on Pinterest! Follow me!